Monday, December 20, 2010

Where we are so far...

Here it goes....my first bridal blog post! Let me just catch you up to speed on what we have planned so far:

Venue: Rumbling Bald Resort, Lake Lure
Reception and Catering: Rumbling Bald
Photographer: Elizabeth Scott Photography (this was my most important thing along with my dress, and I couldn't be more excited about Leslie and Matt being the ones to capture our wedding)
Officiant: My Uncle will be marrying us :)
Colors/Decor: Chocolate, Deep Red and Ice Blue, and I'm thinking we'll use a lot of natural elements (trees, branches, and maybe even birds)

We've yet to look into flowers, stationary, cake, etc. I'm a crafty, DIY kinda girl, and I want to see how much of it I can manage myself (while still looking professional of course!). I also don't have my dress, and I'm anxious to really get somewhere in the dress hunt. 

I'll be updating with pictures of ideas, brainstorming, pitfalls, etc. But for now I will leave you with a small idea of some decor that I'm in love with.

The first image is what I call The Candle Tree.


Since our wedding is going to be on the lake I'm not sure if I will be able to use tapers, but I know that I want two of these on either side of Rob and myself. If candles wont work I plan on adding groups of flowers where the candle holder pieces are. I also think I'm going to hang strands of crystals from some of the branches.

And this is my idea for the aisle/walkway. 


I would do flowers just on either side, not all the way across, and I may just have pillar candles instead of water with floating candles. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment