Monday, January 10, 2011

DIY Calligraphy

So in an attempt to DIY as much as possible (white wanting everything to look as professional as possible), I've decided to do my own calligraphy. DIY'ing was important to me, because I want as many of our own touches as possible. I want to be able to walk away knowing that my blood, sweat, and tears were in as many of the details of the wedding as possible. And I really like the idea of addressing each one of my guests personally (ok, if I had a bigger guest list maybe I wouldn't feel that way, haha!). 

I decided to start with a simple calligraphy kit that I got from Michael's so I could learn all the letters, and work on some different scripts. I may or may not end up using a dip pen (the one I have has a cartridge), just because I don't know how much extra work I'll want to put into the calligraphy once it's time to actually do it :) So for now I'm just practicing.

Here are some of my practice sheets:



And just for fun (these are not anyone's names, their names I jokingly call my fiance):


No comments:

Post a Comment